Non-Members(general public) Obedience Class
For dogs 6 months of age and older
- Will help you form a bond with your dog and provide sound training methods.
- Are for anyone who has a dog that needs training.
- Are for anyone with the desire to work with their dog.
- Are held Tuesday evenings at the Allen County Fairgrounds, 2727 Carroll Road, Ft. Wayne, IN, Home Loan Building(CLICK HERE for Google Map)
Our Vaccination Requirements:
All dogs who come out to club must be vaccinated yearly for DHLPP(Lepto optional),
Rabies & Bordetella (Kennel Cough).
It is highly recommended that you vaccinate for Bordetella every six months.
Below is an application (.pdf format) for the classes scheduled for the current training year. The class will be held at the Allen County Fairgrounds in the Home Loan Bank Building. The classes are one hour long and begin at either 7:00 or 8:15 pm for eight consecutive weeks.
Since the class is limited in size, it is important that you fill out the attached form and send it to the address below as soon as possible so that a place may be reserved for you. Applications must be received by the club 7 days prior to the start date for the class.
~Your dog must be:
Very close to 6 months of age OR older.
Inoculated against Distemper, Hepatitis and Leptospirosis (DHL), Parvovirus, and other immunizations recommended by your veterinarian. Rabies vaccination is required by law. You may either send a copy of the receipt or computer read-out showing proof of this with your application, or bring it with you on the first night of class. If you send an original, it will be returned to you.
~You, as the handler, must:
Be at least 12 years of age and physically capable of handling this dog.
Feeding your dog his usual evening meal is optional prior to class. Maybe feed half of the meal before and rest after the class.
Be comfortably dressed with comfortable shoes.
Exercise the dog immediately before coming into class, giving him/her a chance to relieve him/herself. (Be sure to clean up after your own dog!)
The following items are required:
1. A properly fitted collar and a leather or woven leash (6 feet long). Collars and leather leashes will be available from the Club at very reasonable prices. Your instructor will help make sure the collar is the correct size.
2. The receipt from the veterinarian showing proof that the dog has had all the necessary immunizations.
YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO WORK YOUR DOG IN THE CLASS IF YOU HAVE NOT SHOWN THIS PROOF.
PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR CLASS TIME THE FIRST NIGHT OF CLASS!
ALSO, DO NOT BRING YOUR DOG TO THE FIRST NIGHT OF CLASS
***The fee for the entire 8 week course is $100.00, and must accompany the application.***
Checks should be made payable to:
FORT WAYNE OBEDIENCE TRAINING CLUB, or FWOTC,
******If you have trouble downloading this form, please call (260) 637-2121, leave your name and address on FWOTC’s answering machine, and an application will be sent to you via mail. Thanks for your interest!*****